Rules for Rock Valley's Yard Waste Site:
- Absolutely no garbage. Plastic, cement and etc. anything that will not compost is allowed.
- Please check the back of your pickup or trailer before you load your grass or leaves for plastic bottles, cans and etc.
- Do not mix branches or twigs with your grass or leaves.
Rules for branch pile
- If it is not a branch or wood from a tree, it is not allowed at the City Yard Waste Site.
- We do not accept root balls.
The City has these rules in place because yard waste is recycled. The branches get ground up into chips and are used in an ethanol plant. The grass and leaves can only be composted if there is no garbage in the mix. Compost made from grass and leaves at the City Yard Waste site will be available for Rock Valley residents to use as a fertilizer.